Monday, May 12, 2014

What to do with all that art?

" I did it!!!"

I love the sound of excitement and pride that comes from the children when they see what they CAN do. What may seem like simple scribbles and blobs to us are actually extremely important stages in your child's development. 

Honor those first steps by hanging your child's favorite pieces of artwork or by displaying their sculptures somewhere prominent in the home. I hang them with simple painters tape so as not to damage the paint on the walls. I have chosen a few pieces to permanently hang behind glass but mostly we (my three year old and I) decide on a rotating gallery of his "latest works". 

As he walks by the hanging pieces of art every day, once and a while he will make a comment on how he did something or what he likes about them, but mostly it makes him proud of his accomplishments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment